The government has asked Parliament to authorize him to borrow another 40 billion in 2021 and another 70 billion between 2022 and 2033. Draghi needs money for a new Sostegni decree and to integrate the Recovery Fund with a "national share". The debt / GDP ratio will rise to 159%
Today Draghi will announce, first to the presidents of the regions, then at a press conference, the news on the health crisis: the control room should decide how and when to reopen
On the front page
• Yesterday there were another 380 deaths. The positivity rate rises to 5,3%. The number of places occupied in intensive care is still decreasing (-73). People vaccinated (two doses) are 4.209.897 (7,06% of the population)
• Burioni asks to reopen outdoor bars and restaurants. The president of Calabria Spirlì went to the stadium in defiance of the bans
• In Japan they are considering canceling the Olympics
• Norway also eliminates AstraZeneca from the vaccination plan. In Israel, no more mandatory outdoor masks. Von der Leyen got vaccinated with Pfizer, Merkel will get vaccinated with AstraZeneca today
• The Consulta says that life imprisonment is unconstitutional and gives the Chambers one year to change the law
• The Ruby ter trial in Siena postponed for the sixth time, with Berlusconi as the main suspect. Zangrillo's certificate: "At least two months of impediment"
• Laura Boldrini makes it known that the operation she underwent went well
• Letta meets Open Arms and Salvini attacks him: "I'm on trial for them, I have no words"
• The grillini are very worried. Conte wants each 5-star deputy to pay 2.500 euros a month to the Movement
• The MIUR executive who attempted suicide is still in danger of her life
• Fabrizio Corona leaves prison and returns to house arrest
• Harsh US sanctions against Russia. Moscow summons the American ambassador
• Jack Ma, after months of disappearing, video-connected with a conference of the Russian Geographical Society. The news was given by the Chinese Communist Party
• The disputed safety law was passed in France
• Andrea Orcel, 57, is the new CEO of Unicredit. It will earn 7,5 million a year
• Roberto Benigni will receive the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the next Venice Film Festival
• A gray whale was sighted off the coast of Ponza. It is the first time in Italy
• War breaks out in the Serie A League: seven clubs, including Juventus and Inter, dishearten Dal Pino
• Europa League, Roma in the semifinals
• Fognini wins the quarterfinals at the Montecarlo tournament. Surprisingly eliminated Djokovic and Zverev
Corriere della Sera: May, the yellow areas are back
la Repubblica: The recovery calendar / "It will reopen from May 3"
La Stampa: "We will reopen everything in a month" / Draghi: Salvini, no more spite
Il Sole 24 Ore: Deficit of 11,8% and debt of 159,8%
Avvenire: Never end of sentence never
Il Messaggero: Lazio, AstraZeneca to volunteers
Il Giornale: WHO against Veneto / "No praise for Zaia"
I read: "Yes to restaurants, no to curfews"
Qn: Bars, schools, shows: these are the rules
Il Fatto: 400 deaths a day and they want to reopen
Libero: Only debts grow
The Truth: Zingaretti gives the Russians genetic data of the Italians
Il Mattino: Reopenings, forward slowly
il Quotidiano del Sud: We dance on the abyss
the manifesto: The variant of debt
Tomorrow: The epidemic is still there: the numbers do not justify the reopening
In 2020, six states went bankrupt: Argentina, Ecuador, Lebanon, Zambia, Belize and Suriname (twice) [Saccò, Avv].